Friday, August 15

What did I ever do 5 months ago...

Ok so I exercised more and definetly enjoyed a glass of wine or two, but for the record, growing a baby (or as Adam and I say a "Bee-Bee!") has to burn some calories. Anyways, my life is consumed with the little thing and I still have like 16-17 weeks to go. Let me explain... Yesterday, my awesome (a-w-e-s-o-m-e, awesome, awesome, totally- this is for Molly) mom in law took me to Joann Fabrics to pick out some fabric for the baby's crib set. Anna Maria is a genius seamstress so she offered to make the crib gear. Well 2.5 hours later and Adams expert opinion finally led us to a solution. It was a bit of a challenge because we found the perfect fabric online but it is an upholstery (spelling) fabric, so not too soft against the skin.

We found two fabrics, one almost a toile with palm tees all pink and the second an island postcard with more muted colors to compliment the walls and crib. We went with the second choice and picked out a darker pink patern and sand to compliment the decor. I must say Adam stopped by on his way home from WSU and we were done in 15 minutes, sometimes it takes a guy to pick out fabric. haha.

As a recap of the painting, I am going to do a dark pink surfboard against the palm tree, add a little girlish flare!

No comments: