Thursday, August 14

Island "Chic"

Hello from paradise! Last night, Wednesday, I put on my painting gear and finished up the artwork in the nursery. I painted a palm tree beachy island scene to go with our island girl beach themed nursery. I am now 23 weeks pregnant, I hope I didnt paint to early, but I have a feeling towards the end of the pregnancy the last thing I will want to do is get down and dirty painting. So the early bird gets the worm...right? Haha. I was able to use paint from the house interior, previous projects and some stuff the old home owners left in the garage, yea free artwork! Check out some pics below. I am still cotemplating leaning a surfboard against the palm tree, but it may look to cluttered and as Adam said we are going to have a glider chair in this corner anyway. I had originally drawn out a rough sketch before painting, but I actually ended up painting over the sketches and going for a completely free hand attempt. If you have any ideas for fun girl decor or where we can find island girl decorations let us know. Being in Ohio sometimes the beach is not the best decorating theme during the fall months...whats wrong with the weird Ohioians... first salt on watermelon, then calling coke pop and now no beach theme fall foliage... haha!

Here is a picture of the wall before the painting extravaganza
Ta- Da!! I present to you the painting. The camera flash whited out the center a bit but it looks pretty good in the pic.
The beach sign has some cute directional panels, here is a close up, on the top one it says paradise with three surfboards, A, K and C these stand for Adam, Katie and Camden, yes I am a lush! and the arrows point all around to say everywhere is paradise when you are with family. (tear...sigh) The other panels say Camden Cove, Key West and Beach. The Key West one has actual mileage.


Here is a close up of the palm, with a sun and cloud of course



A look at the trunk detail, sand and directional sign thingy


One more last pic, just a full scene shot.



I hope you enjoy the masterpiece, this is your art/culture lesson for the week. Haha :-)
As always more fun to come!



2 comments:

The Bradford Blog said...

Look at you Miss Martha Stewart... all crafty and stuff! Looks great!

amy (metz) walker said...

wow, popped in from Diana'a blog and had to say that I'm impressed! Looks really, really cute!