Monday, August 25

Dinner a Movie and a groundhog

This weekend Adam and I grabbed some dinner at El Toro (the new one in Beavercreek) it was really good, I totally recommend it. Then we went to see Tropic Thunder, the new movie with Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr. and a surprise Tom Cruise roll. Before the movie, I bought one of the kids pack popcorn deals. You get a small drink, kid pack candy and a handfull of popcorn, it was just enough. However, the only straws they had were the one for the $7 super XXL drinks, sooo I had a 3 ft straw for my small kids meal 10oz diet coke...OMG it was the funniest sight ever! I thought I was going to poke my eye out. I didnt even have to move the cup when i was thirsty, the straw was already BAM in my face. Ok this may not seem too funny, but I was rolling, almost in tears, for some reason I thought the straw to cup ratio was hilarious.

As far as Tropic Thunder goes, it was awesome! The movie was hilarious and just that hilarious, no weird sentimental twist just funny! I loved it, Tom Cruise was almost unrecognizable, he definetly got to let loose and just have fun! I recommend for anyone who wants a good belly laugh :)

Now the groundhog. So on Saturday, as Adam was down in the crawl space, checking things out, the dogs started going NUTS at the door, I walked over to tell them to hush. I opened the door and they were off to the races. I look into the yard and see a 15lb groundhog watching me about 15 yards off the patio. OMG, the thing doesnt even move when the dogs barrell towards it, the groundhog was ready to fight! Sidebar, ok so what a ground hog, well they have sharp teeth and long claws and can really tear up a dogs snout. So I start yelling "Mellow, Mongo, no , come here , Adam " Mellow grabs the animal in her mouth, meanwhile it manages to get a scratch towards one of the dogs, mellow drops it and it scurries off about 10 ft and then faces the dogs ready for more!! By now I am freaking out, Adam is fighting to get out of the crawl space and the dogs have cornered behind the shed. Finally the world champion fighter groundhog decides to run off and dogs come galluping over to us like "what, we were just protecting the yard" luckily, I couldnt find any scratches on the dogs, but Adam did scrap up his knees running out of the crawl space as I yelled for help. Just another adventure in the Horseman house I guess.

1 comment:

The Bradford Blog said...

3 things... totally agree with you on El Toro... the fajita quesadillas are awesome!

2. we loved tropic thunder too. it is COMPLETELY politically incorrect... but very funny! Tom Cruise has some serious moves! :)

3. If you are interested... Knollwood garden center is going to be offering free weeknight seminars on landscape design, pruning, DIY lawncare, etc. I am thinking about taking some classes.... let me know if you want to join me!