Wednesday, August 20

Painters Block

How hard can it be to paint a surfbaord? Piece of cake, from any angle you see it. Its just a stretched out oval with a pointy end, Right! Oh no my friend, I may be able to paint a darn 9 foot palm tree, but heaven forbid I paint a 24 inch surfboard. So I am on round 4 of the painting, I have finally got the base shape and outer white line edging completed. The inside color matches the pink fabric we are using for the crib bedding detail. Before I move on, let me share this, it took me 2.5 hours to paint the original mural in the baby's room, but I have spent at least 3 hrs on the darn surfboard. I had no idea painting a clean line was so difficult, but finally I have the outer edge done, now I am just trying not to screw it up, haha. I just have to quickly paint over the center so it is a solid pink and then a center white line opening at the top and bottom of the board with "Camden" or "Camden's Ride" painted down the center of the line.

The plan of attack: I am going to use painters tape to mark the center stripe, giving myself the best chance of a clean edge line. Then free hand the letters and cover up any goofs with stamps of beachy creatures that I have left from when I painted our adorondak chairs. Phew I feel better, Ok tonight is the night, to get started at least.. done by the weekend, look for pics!

No comments: