Monday, August 11

Paint Fumes

Its baby time! This weekend I tackled the nursery while Adam had two-a-days practices with the WSU volleyball team. Since he is now working 1000hrs/week till mid November I thought I so something productive. On Saturday evening I tore down the wallpaper border in the room, which was a weird Noah's Ark themed muted nastiness. Then on Sunday I got spunky and decided to paint the room. Even though it is a girl we went with a blue room and one green accent wall. This was to compliment the nice wood work we have in the house and also to compliment the beach, key west/ island hula girl theme we are going for. Once its all put together I think it will be a great little girls room. Another reason we went with the blue and green is that these colors are exceptionally soothing for babies. Blue is a calming color, great for sleeping and green is said to promote self confidence.

After several hours of painting and not much lunch I will say the paint fumes were getting to me, I cleaned up the room and took care of all the paint, finally took a few minutes to rest and BAM it hit me I was high on paint fumes, hopefully the baby didnt get that much. Wow, I had no idea I was so sensitive to fumes and smells, apparantly pregnancy does make your body completely different.
Here is a look at the room, with the blue and green wall, I like the contrast against the woodwork.
This is the wall the mural (color by numbers attempt ) will be on, I am going to paint a palm tree coming up towards the closet doors and then a small beachwood sign under the tree with directions "beach 1 mi" and "Key West 1298mi" etc. So it should be cute and add a little originality to the room. Pics of my masterpiece...haha...will be up as soon as I get over my first dose of paint fumes. Maybe this evening, buy surely by this weekend.
The mural paint supplies...Got Paint?! Luckily I have a lot of Key West colors left from when I painted our adorondak chairs. But the canvas and materials are ready and waiting so that will make me do it sooner than later.




Well keep checking for more updates on our newest arrival and all our decorating faux pauxs...HaHa!
Happy Monday! Go USA Olympic Team

1 comment:

The Bradford Blog said...

Looking good! Let me know if you need any help!