Wednesday, July 16

Gone Creekin'

Howdy partners! Well today I went creekin' with the YFA, Youth Fitness Academy, crew. We walked a mile or two to the creek in between Main Elem and Beavercreek High School and by golly we did us some explorrrrrinnn' It was a ton of fun, really, It was my coworker and I and three summer camp girls, all super excited to investigate the wildlife of the neighborhood creek. We were on a mission to catch craw-daddys but we only found a few and they were babies so we said we come back for them, much like the emphamis catfish in Grumpier Old Men. However, we did come across a bunch of minnows!
I had no idea a creek could be 4 ft deep, yes at least that...OMG I think my sciveys were almost in jeopardy because of the rising water. But the best part was the kids, they loved it, exploring trying to catch minnows and just having a good ole time.
Disclaimer: YFA is not responsible for 1000's of bug bites and possible ticks :) YUCK

No comments: