Wednesday, October 15

My Quirks

What are my quirks? Diana Bradford blogged me to write about my quirks about 6 weeks ago, so I better get to it. First off, let me tell you I am a very quirky person I have may uncommon traints.. readers beware... just kidding.

In no specific order

Quirk #1

I often do not think before I speak, like dropping a sh^* in the middle of a church group or restaurant. Sometimes I do not think about the tone or way in which I say something. I am not a super sensitive person (most of the time) so a sarcastic mumble or odd reaction to say my husband are often taken in way that make me seem like I dont care or hardly have a heart. I do care, I just have no filter (if you have met my mom, it becomes more clear) So this I will attempt to process my word choice and tone before blarring out my opinions or excitement.

Quirk #2

I am gross. Thats all that needs to be said

I am not gross in the sense I leave dirty stuff everywhere or live in a pigsty, I am quite the opposite, but that I really do not monitor my bodily functions when I am at home or with family. Sorry Adam, I know burps ranking on the ricter scale from you wife at dinner is not the most attractive thing, or blowing my nose into my shirt or a towel, or hacking a lugie in your ear in bed (disclaimer: I was asleep and did not mean too) EWW I am gross, maybe an ettiquete class wouldnt hurt?

Quirk #3

The Wash

First of all lets get one thing straight... I do not Iron!

My mom is a clothes washing extradronaire! If they made a Nobel Prize for washing it would be a toss up b/t my mom and Adam's gma. However, I see laundry as a chore, not as a "time to get away from it all and recharge" like the aforementioned women of steel.
When I wash its about once a week, however it goes in the washer is how the clothes are folded, I like to only do 2 loads, so where things a couple times or buy me a bigger washer. If a button pops off, check back in 6mos I might have had a moment of motherly instinct and sewed it back on, but not with matching thread and really dont count on it. I use one type of detergent and if I see a stain as the clothes are being thrown into the washer there is a 50 /50 shot I will get some shout stain remover in the general area.

Now I know this sounds harsh or un womanly but wait till you see my other quirks... haha! No really I understand once the babe comes I will have to revise my wash habits, but until then its off to the races (Sidenote: I do things quickly b/c 90% of the time I am racing Mongo for the socks and underwear, he loves dirty laundry)

Quirk #4

This is actually a productive quirk! I love to mow the lawn! This habit is actually not because I get freaked when someone else does it, Adam actually is a lawn conisseur, but I just love mowing (once again knowing my mom explains many things). I really concentrate on my lines too in hopes to impress Adam. The front always looks awesome and the back usually has a bit more character when I am done, but I sure love doing it. I just throw on my mp3 player, and off I go. However, this morning was the first time I learned how to work the gas trimmer, so watch out lawn service professionals!

Quirk #5

Dyson
I love to vaccuum, its a super easy way to see a great improvement in the house cleaning. Now that we have a Dyson vaccuum I am addicted, but with the two dogs its a needed addiction so that Saturday morning cleaning isnt a 3 hour adventure

Quirk #6

I really have too many to count so this is YOUR chance to fill in the blank... what is my 6th quirk?
Fill in your favorite or most obnoxious... have fun!

1 comment: