Saturday, June 27

Urban Meyer Watch OUT!

UF Womens Football Camp !
Steph, my sister, ready for action!

I thought these CORE VALUES were hilarious, just take some time to read through the list. Reminds me of a Kindergarten classroom's set of rules... haha

Awww Tim Tebow!


Steph and her two friends, Elise and Lauren, they adopted me into their group after mom had a run in with her hamstring.




The Stopka's are descending on UF Women's Football Camp... Run for your lives!
Last Saturday, during my awesome trip to Florida to see the family, well for the family to see Camden, I went to Football camp with my mom , sister and whole guantlet of their friends. It was a fabulous time full of unexpected surprises, tribulations, triumphs and some fun too! Urban, the head coach of the 3 time National Champ Gators Football Team was a great sport as he was mobbed by the 850 women who participated in the camp. The camp is really the brain child or the UF defensive coord. Charlie Strong. He was a fabulous host and if you know my mother, you would have expected what's next. So at Football camp the morning session is for pics, autographs, meeting the coaches, some players, learning about football and getting pumped up for the upcoming season. The afternoon is for some real action on the field of the Swamp. Let me preface this a bit, my mom has been to FB camp for the last 4 years and knows most of the coaches through her job at UF anyway....

Professor Spandex as she has been so lovingly nicknamed by Coach Strong was a kid in a candy store. Pigtails ready and spandex tightly wrapped! My mom was ready for action. Before the drills even started my mom thought the directions were a little to boring so she thought some fun kart-wheel action would liven up the mood. On her 4th one .... TRAGEDY ! She landed and could NOT walk!!! OMG (for the sake of my diverse audience I will not repeat the exact words that were spoken) she pulled her hamstring trying to pose mid air at her friends request for a picture, soooo technically all the drama wasnt her fault. To make a long story short... she was then interviewed by two major newspapers on her injury and Prof Spandex look, went to the training room for some icing and range of motion testing, ended up being the assistant to the coaches for a number of drills and definetly showed all of us that its ok to have fun but never do it someone elses term,... ie pose mid air upside down for friends! haha!
All in all mom was fine, a little rehab in our pool at home and some Camden time and she was good to go for a day full on lawn mowing on Sunday. Truly, I had an awesome time, I cant wait for next year!

1 comment:

Charis said...

Awww poor thing! LOL I can totally imagine the pigtails though :)