Friday, January 30

Karma Tank

Soo.. Funny story...

Anyone who knows me, understands that I am not the most coordinated or eloquent person. If you have met my mother; (an ah-ha moment) has just come over you. In an effort to use the last bit of my Babies R US giftcards I finally made it down to the Dayton Mall in Centerville yesterday afternoon after saying I would go for the last 10 days. I first forget my cell phone for the trip and with bad roads due to the snowstorm on Tues and Weds and with 2 mos old Camden in the car I kept wondering if this was such a good idea. Well all went smooth, we got diapers, balmex, pacifiers, boop pads, pheww the whole 9- not a glitch, even $5 left on the gift card. On the way home I kept saying to myself "when in the world am I going to go back down to babies r us to use the last of the this giftcard? hmmm

We made it home safe and sound, and later Adam called to say he had scored some tickets for the Brad Paisley/Dierks Bently concert at Nutter Thursday night.

I was so excited, Camden was going to watch the UD game with gpa and we were gojng to the concert, like a couple of young bucks :-)

Pumping, feeding, dinner all was working out like perfect. We go to load up and I am start looking for my purse, hmmm not in the car, kitchen, bedroom, its NOT ANYWHERE! OH Crap!!!

"Honey, i think I left my purse in the cart at Babies R US, in the parking lot!"
the next move was 411 on the phone and a 5 min wait on hold for someone to answer at the store. Luckily they were open till 9pm, bc it was already 8pm. Finally someone answered, meanwhile I had already made a mental tally of how bad this was going to be if the purse was gone. "Hi did anyone find a purse" "please describe the item" "well its blue, patchwork, it has.... " "yes its here, do you want to get it?" REALLY? ... did they just say that...yes they did. Back to the story, we went down to babies R us for our hot date night, picked up my good as new purse and back home we went.

Needless to say, my karma tank is on empty. Thank you to whoever returned my purse, not to often can you leave your purse in snow covered parking lot, in a cart in the middle of a busy shopping center and have everything be returned, like I said earlier w/o a glitch.

PS If anyone needs to have good works done, my schedule is open!

1 comment:

The Bradford Blog said...

Ouch. That sucks. But how awesome that someone returned your purse!!!! And in the Dayton Mall area?! You got lucky!!!