Tuesday, October 13

Marathoning baby

On your mark, get ready, get set, 3, 2, 1 GO! Its race time! Last Saturday morning I ran a 5K for a friends charity in Xenia, OH and to my surprise I finished in the top 5! I had no idea my body even knew what the word "fast twitch" muscle fiber meant, let alone had any... haha. (all my exerc sci geeks get the humor behind the last sentence). The race started at 9am and that early in mid October, Ohio weather can be a bit unpredictable - like 40 degrees and windy ... no wonder I ran fast, I was COLD!! I am looking forward to more races and couple half marathons here in the next couple months, before the really cold weather takes over the Miami Valley and all I want to do is stay under the covers and drink excessive amounts of Hot Chocolate. By this year Kroger probably has a special stock of the low cal Swiss Miss in the back with my name on it.

On Sunday I bundled Cam up and took her for a hour jog around the neighborhood. Since I run with super speed now, I made sure to layer her up with a hat, hoodie and blanket so the breeze wouldnt be too cold for her. Little did I know my super speed is only possible with the adrenaline of race day, so my super sonic run turned into more of a brisk walk... haha! Either way I think she had fun, just check out the pics below... not a half mile into my workout and she was OUT!

Watch the drool kid!
Go Gators, Cam rides in style!
By the way, Tebow was cleared for Saturday's game vs. LSU in Death Valley. He helped lead the Gators to a modest 13-3 victory. The Gator defense really deserves the credit, led by Senior Brandon Spikes they held LSU to a measley 3 pts! Go Gators, this weekend is homecoming in Gainesville. My predictions thus far... Alabama and UF in the sec championship game with an SEC team definetly in the BCS Championship Game.
T- minus 4 weeks till I am back in FL, Nov. 5 here I come G-ville






No comments: